Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

postheadericon Trivium - Down From The Sky (HQ Cover)

Trivium - Down From The Sky (HQ Cover) Tube. Duration : 5.87 Mins.


Hey there! This is my cover of Down From The Sky by Trivium. This song is one of my favorites from their album Shogun, because of its simplicity and great riffs. This song is normally played with 7 string guitars, but since I don't have one I had to tune down my 6 string guitars. As usually all guitars are recorded through my Line 6 POD Studio UX2, but instead of using PODfarm as my amp tone, I have used some free guitar amp sims with impulses. In this cover Im using both my ESP Viper and my Ibanez RGT42DX (Solo part). Drums and bass are programmed. Keep in mind I have just switched from EZDrummer to Superior Drummer 2.0, and Im still learning how to use it properly and how I can get a better mix with the drums (requires a lot of processing), so bare in mind it might sound really bad some places! I learned this song by ear, but had to look at some tabs for the solo part and for some certain harmonics. It's a quite fast and hard solo to play, so don't expect it to be 100% correct. Equipment: Guitar: ESP Standard Series Viper, Ibanez RGT42DX Strings: Ernie Ball 12-56, D'Addario 10-46 Tuning: (BEADGB) Amp: Nick Crow 8505 Lead Recording Device: Line 6 POD Studio UX2 Recording Software: Steinberg Cubase 5 Drums: Superior Drummer 2.0 & ApTrigga 2 Bass: HALion1 Video Editing: Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 Camera: Canon EOS 500D If you enjoy the video, please rate, comment & subscribe.

0 comments: