Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

postheadericon Last Ninja 2 - Guitar Remix

Last Ninja 2 - Guitar Remix Tube. Duration : 5.73 Mins.


[THIS REALLY KICKS IN AT 27s!] Here is my version of the classic C64 tune Last Ninja 2 - Central Park. This was crying out to be beefed up with some guitars, drums and whatever else I had handy, but I also kept the SID sounds in there to give it that classic C64 feel. I used QuadraSid (a VST plugin that emulates the sound of the C64 SID chip) to copy the original sounds (took ages to get them sounding right), and after adding the guitar I was pretty pleased with the result. This was great fun to do, so if anyone has any requests for more chip tunes that could do with a bit of guitar treatment then let me know - we can add to the new genre of SID rock! PLAY THIS LOUD! Original composed by Matt Gray Arranged by Richard Braithwaite www. richbraithwaite.co.uk EDIT - Been asked what kit I used to do this, so here goes - DAW - Cubase SX 3.1, Quadrasid (for all SID sounds), Guitar Rig 4 (for beefy guitar sounds), Superior Drummer 2 for Drums (simply amazing drum samples, best I've heard), Halion 3 (samples for middle 8 Japanese sounds), Les Paul guitar, Cort 5 string bass, Triton Pro master keyboard, various reverb, chorus and compression plugins, er, and a whole lot of time!

0 comments: